Sunday 14 November 2010

My Group

The group I have decided to work with to create the opening title sequence based on film noir is Ellen Lowe, Jessica White & Melissa Bartram. Their blog links are in a gadget on my blog for easy access but also for me to easily keep up with everyone's progress. I initially chose this group based on the strong bond as friends we have achieved over the years - this could essentially create an enjoyable and efficient work environment but at the same time during evaluation of my choice of grouping I have come to the conclusion that I should set a target to keeping talking at a minimum and keep a specific eye on getting work done by deadlines we have set ourselves - for example setting ourselves homework to finish our concept boards based on the different areas we have chosen by the 14th of November.
I think there are many strengths within our group - the main one being each of us having a passion for media but there are also individual strengths within the group. Jessica has a particular strength in styling and fashion whereas Melissa has a keen eye for editing, Ellen also has a strength in fashion whilst also in mis-en-scene as a whole and has a deep thought process in the effects that can be created through simple positioning of characters. I, myself, believe I have a strength more on the creative side such as mis-en-scene, including costumes and also a keen eye for shot/camera ideas, I think my thoughts on location will add potential to the group as I have expressed many ideas such as city locations and camera angles to add to these already.

As a whole I think we have alot of potential - I will keep you posted with a further evaluation of the group soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment