Monday 15 November 2010

Ideas for Concept Board

Title
Genre - Film Noir
Plot - Order/Structure of the narrative
Narrative - Story
Cast - Character, Representation (style,props,costume), Accents, Mannerisms
Conventions - Established or expected rules of genre
Mise-en-scene
Camera - Shot, pace, angle, transitions
Signifier/Icon
Set
Connotation - Suggestion/meaning/implied
Denotation - Emphasised/explicit/factual/stated
Sound - Diegetic/non-diegetic, effect, synchronous/asynchronous, foleying, contrapunctal,
Ambiance/Atmosphere
Mood
Style
Target Audience - Demographics (factual data, preferred audience)

Essentially these different ideas will have to be deligated to individuals within the group. The area for concepts I have chosen is sound, I chose this one because it is very challenging as the rules on sound are very restricting due to copyright laws etc. Within my concept board I want to get examples of main title soundtracks from classic Film Noirs such as ''Touch of Evil'' but also other music that is featured and the effect that it has on the viewer. My research into the influence of music at the time of Film Noirs will aid me and my group in creating a soundtrack or mixing an already created one to suit the atmosphere and story line of our opening title sequence.
Within my concept board I will also be doing some minimal research into characters - this is because most of the influence of how are characters are portrayed is through mis-en-scene, however I will be showing the basis of the two main characters we want in our film noir.. femme fatale & anti-hero. I will post my prezi soon with a self evaluation of it and come to think of it I will also be doing a self evaluation of my blog so far some point soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment