Thursday 25 November 2010

Feedback

I created this post mainly to have a place to put the video of my group presenting our concept boards. Because we have already experienced the feedback and the chance to ask other groups about their ideas I am going to write about that and upload the video when I can...

I think overall, our presentation as a group had it's ups and downs - we are still establishing working as a team as it is something that a lot of us are not used to when it comes to our individual grades. This, in turn, had a negative effect on our progress in class meaning that we delegated separate parts of the concept board to one another to go off and create a prezi presentation based around our ideas that we had discussed and base it around styles and skills within media. I think our lack of organisation is mainly to blame for any stuttering or mix ups within our presentation. My part personally, I think could have been a bit better, I touched on a lot of what I wanted and I think I got most of the information I wanted across but the style of my presentation and the way I spoke using my prezi as a prompt is definitely something I can look at improving on my next presentation. We are taking this as a huge learning curb to later, whenever, we present anything within research or in class that we can do it more professionally.

However, we did manage to get very good feedback from the class and I personally learnt a lot from asking questions to other presentations that we saw. One of the class rose the issue of modern shop displays and passers by that would spoil the atmosphere we create within our OTS which is something we have slightly touched on as a group; we have thought about the time of day that we film and the actual location we choose during development of our ideas as this will support us in keeping the atmosphere if there are no modern shop displays or passers by in view. We also made it clear to the class where we are breaking and where we are sticking to the conventions, which is something that we will have to make sure is clear when we ask our target audience if they like our ideas or dislike them.

From asking other groups questions It also became very clear some ideas that would really help us in the creation of our OTS. I asked a group who, as well as us, are breaking some conventions of traditional film noir and using some conventions of neo-noir if they were going to be quite blatant with their breaking of the conventions and base their OTS on the unconventional features. After listening that they were going to fully support every breaking of a convention through research or evaluation and contrasting our subtle ideas to their obvious ones, it became clear that seeing other peoples work really helps. Contrasting their in your face neo-noir conventions to our subtle breaking of traditional ones, helps us consider the different types of OTS' there are based around the same idea and in turn, help us have a clear view of our ideas compared to others and visually see where ours would fit in the market compared to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment